Regular Saturday and Sunday scheduling and weeknight shifts available. Hybrid work from home.
Coordination and Scheduling
- Assigned to a specific geographic area the Service Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and scheduling of client service plans. Reviews client service plan with objective to establish priorities and to develop a scheduling plan.
- Continually review PSW schedules with the objective to optimize efficiency.
- Works closely with the Manager, Intake Specialists and Client Services Supervisors to ensure excellence and manage client expectations.
- Develop, manage, and update service delivery schedules based on the needs of the clients.
- Document and provide information required by the service delivery team that will ensure the provision of efficient and excellent service.
- Build a trust-based relationship and develop rapport with staff, clients and family members in order to ensure we meet their needs and resolve concerns in an efficient and transparent manner.
- Effectively meet all client services requirements in a courteous and professional manner by efficiently providing accurate information.
- Proactively trouble shoot problems, deal with difficult situations, and escalate to Intake Specialist, CSS and or management.
- Receive and respond to customer inquiries and contacts (telephone, written and email) as per departmental and organizational expectations.
Information Management and Reporting
- Complete all relevant paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Document information in the electronic record in accordance to departmental policies and procedures and legislation.
- Ensure all client, funder and personnel information is up to date in the information management system and documented in accordance to departmental policies and procedures and legislation.
- Provide notification to all stakeholders (Service Delivery staff, funders – LHIN) as required.
- Check and respond to modes of communication (voicemail, email, calendar) as per organizational and department expectations.
Team Building and Leadership
- Actively participate in team initiatives and meetings.
- Build support for agency vision and departmental goals/objectives by communicating, collaborating and leading by example.
- Build rapport with team members to ensure a high performing team.
- Look for daily opportunities to highlight the connection between overall strategy and day-to-day activities.
- Provide consistent communication and feedback to Client Service Manager.
- Act as a change agent to positively encourage others and manage change.
Management of Relationships with Internal and External Partners
- Actively participate in the Client Services Team, collaborate with, and provide solutions/support to team members and senior member in the department to achieve strategic goals and objectives.
- Collaborate and proactively work with external partners, LHIN, Baycrest, government agencies and other suppliers, as required.
- Provide customer support to internal and external customers.
- Lead by example and demonstrate the organizational values in all personal behaviours.
- Review Intake processes to identify opportunities for improvement, develop solutions, and collaborate within the Client Service’s team to take action.
- Participate in quality improvement activities with the Client Service Centre.
- Participate in client satisfaction initiatives that continuously improve quality levels.
Health and Safety Management
- Responsible for identifying health and safety concerns and injury reporting
- Participate in health and safety processes and procedures
- Participate in maintaining a safe workplace environment
- Participate in all health and safety training initiatives
- Post-secondary education in a health-related field preferred.
- One year experience in community health care service coordination.
- Additional language skills are an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources and support.
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a high pace environment and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations.
- Ability to perform routine work independently.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, standards, and medical terminology preferred.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office software environment preferred.
Circle of Care must comply with Directive #6 and therefore requires that all employees, students and volunteers provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination upon hire.
- Experience 0 - 2 Years
- Skills Communication, Customer Service, Management, Patience