Who is Mercer-MacKay Digital Storytelling?
We love to learn and share how technology companies are creating and delivering solutions that contribute to and help shape our world. Our mission is to help these companies tell their stories to engage, educate and inspire with tales of leadership, courage, and innovation. Mercer-MacKay has been helping technology companies since 2007 and can attest to the fact that when digital storytelling is done well, people will recognize that our clients have something special to offer – and will want to become part of their story.
We are proud to say that Mercer-MacKay has been certified as one of Canada’s Great Places to Work® and were name #7 Best Workplace in Canada for companies with less than 50 employees for 2021 – check us out! www.mercermackay.com
What we need:
We are looking for a Freelance Executive Communications Writer who will collaborate in the development and execution of thought leadership content for our clients’ social platforms. From planning to briefing to writing and scheduling the posts you will be involved in the coordination, execution, and completion of multiple projects for our clients who are leaders within the technology industry. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interview clients and subject matter experts
- Research industry-related topics to inform content
- Write clear and compelling social content focused on storytelling and thought leadership (social posts, thought leadership blogs, personal branding assets and more)
- Draft, proofread, submit work to editors for input and approval
- Ensure all-around consistency and quality (style and tone against a client’s brand guideline)
- Collaborate with Project Managers and team members to complete deliverables
- Schedule posts on Hootsuite
The work environment is fast-paced and is heavily focused on team collaboration.
Who you are:
- BA or BSc in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in executive communications, writing, storytelling and working with executives and C-suite clients
- An effective communicator with the ability to transform information into clear and engaging content
- Strong research skills using multiple sources
- French and Spanish are an asset
- Experience writing for technology industry and B2B companies/audiences preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Hootsuite are an asset
- Has a portfolio of work
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable for working on multiple projects of varying size simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Benefits of working in this role include:
- This is a freelance position, virtual/home-based position
- Flexibility, agility, fast paced
- Amazing, collaborative team
- Positive energy and work environment that promotes learning, discovering, mentoring and feedback for growth.
Mercer-MacKay is committed to our team members and our customers. We operate in an exciting and supportive fast-paced environment that values innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability, wellness, gratitude, respect and growth. Our workforce is virtual, and we support a diverse and inclusive culture. We have optional daily meditations, weekly huddles, and a great team of people to collaborate with.
- Experience 3 - 5 Years
- Skills Attention to details, Communication, Computer, Customer Service