Beacon Lite is one of the top providers of traffic control equipment and services. We are a fast-paced growing business with over 50 years of traffic control experience. Locally we have locations in Ottawa, Gatineau, Kingston and Sudbury with over 300 employees between our 4 locations.
Beacon Lite has merged with the Universal Group, an industry leader in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training, Landscaping, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
Beacon Lite is seeking candidates for their Traffic Control Person (TCP) positions.
As a TCP, you play an important role in ensuring that traffic control management is completed according to applicable regulations to ensure everybody on or crossing a job site can do so safely.
This position provides employees with an attractive compensation package, full – time work (with opportunities for overtime), and in – depth training so that you may grow into multiple different areas of traffic control. This is an excellent opportunity to jump start your career in a growing industry!
- Perform basic traffic control set – ups ensuring that they meet MTO Book 7 requirements to ensure safety of all stakeholders impacted by the site (crew members, motorists, pedestrians, etc.)
- Protect your peers, construction workers, the motoring public, cyclists & pedestrians by regulating traffic flow.
- To stop traffic whenever required by the progress of work or to keep traffic moving at reduced speeds to avoid tie-ups and delays.
- Maintain a safety awareness and work in compliance with applicable health and safety regulations and policies
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive wages with a potential to earn overtime and shift premiums
- Paid training with opportunities to learn multiple areas of a growing industry
- An amazing corporate culture where you will feel supported and recognized for the work you do
- G class driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract (required)
- Ability to lift regularly up to 60 pounds (required)
- No experience needed! We will train you!
- Good communication skills to be able to give motorists & pedestrians simple directions, explain hazards, and answer questions
- An appreciation and understanding of road safety
- Able to calmly troubleshoot issues and collaborate with a diverse group of people
- Ability to use a smartphone and enter data using computerized mobile devices
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- You will be required to provide your own CSA Grade 1 (green label) work boots with a minimum 6 inch cuff and electrical shock resistance (white label with omega symbol)
Why Universal Group?
The Universal Group is rapidly growing as we are expanding our business across other Canadian provinces, this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our growth. Our company is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and you will be able to own your role. As an integral part of the Traffic Control Team at The Universal Group, you will receive a competitive base pay as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for further education and development.
The Universal Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.
- Address Ottawa
- Experience 0 - 2 Years
- Skills Attention to details, Communication, Customer Service, Diligence