Bluffs Food Bank is a 100% volunteer-run food bank in Southwest Scarborough. Every month we supply hundreds of households with fresh delicious food. We are a member agency of Daily Bread Food Bank.
Volunteering at Bluffs Food Bank is a chance to join a fun and community-minded team of people helping our neighbours fight food insecurity. You will make an immediate and positive difference in the lives of our clients.
As a volunteer run organization, we rely on the generosity of our many volunteers who give their time, energy and skills to help those in need in our community.
We are located at 33 East Road (near Warden and Kingston Road). Our website is at bluffsfoodbank.com .
Description & Details
- Must be a CPA licensed to practise in Ontario and provide a clear criminal record check report.
- Willing to accept appointment or election to Bluffs Food Bank (BFB) Board of Directors that meets at least 4 times annually and report on BFB’s finances at Board Meetings.
- Prepare income statements monthly and provide month end reports at Board Meetings and prepare year end statements annually for review by the auditor.
- Work with bookkeeper who makes entries.
- Work with auditor to provide information needed for completion of audit and preparation of T3010 return annually.
- Pick up, record/copy and input cheques and cash payments made directly to BFB.
- Make recommendations to Board for investment of funds not needed for immediate operating expenses in interest-bearing investments, such as GICs and manage investments.
- Using “Canada Helps” website:
- enter direct deposits and personal info of donors to BFB,
- issue tax receipts for donations made directly to BFB via Canada Helps (email or regular mail),
- send notes of thanks to all donors.
- Develop an annual budget for BFB Board approval.
- Prepare year-end Reports and Financial Statements in collaboration with Board Members.BFB year-end is April 30.
- Prepare and submit GST/HST claims and other CRA forms as required.
- Complete, submit, track and acknowledge grant applications – with assistance.
How to Apply / Contact
Please submit your resume, including your email address, mailing address and telephone number to email@example.com .
- Address Scarborough
- Experience 3 - 5 Years
- Skills Analytical, Attention to details, Leadership