At Mathnasium of Somerset, we are always looking to find individuals who are exceptional at math and love teaching children. We love math and are looking for enthusiastic instructors to help children understand math like never before! It’s a great working experience for current and future math students/teachers, retirees and math-minded professionals.
We offer up to ’20’ hours per week (minimum ‘8’ hours) for qualified candidates. Instructors are expected to work 8-12 hours per week. Candidates must be ready to teach in center & online with our Mathnasium@home and be prepared to engage with students during session hours. We need you to be available from 2:30pm to 7:30pm (Mon-Thu) and 11am to 3pm (Weekends). Must be available to work ASAP! Having a Background check done is a bonus! We need at least 1 year commitment into the company.
- Ability to teach math at any or all levels. Positions available for elementary Math to high school Math Instructors
- Candidates must undertake an employment Math Assessment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and build a rapport with parents, colleagues, and students of all ages.
- Passionate about math and education.
- Willingness to learn and apply the “Mathnasium Method” is essential
- Previous teaching experience or other experience working with children (teaching, tutoring, coaching, camp counselor, etc.)
- Must provide Police Vulnerable Sector Check, if offered employment.
Process of Hiring
- Must Pass a Math Literacy Test (takes approximately 90 minutes).
- Must attend Shadow Training.
- Must complete Mathansium Certified Training Program.
Work remotely : No
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All customers are required to wear a mask.
Education: Secondary School (preferred)
Experience: teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Experience 0 - 2 Years
- Skills Analytical, Customer Service, Patience, Problem-Solving